Oh God, I’m panicked. Michelle tagged me to post about eleven random things. Ok, ok, I’ll talk about myself.
Never done this before so I am told the rules are as follows:
1. List eleven random things about yourself.
2. answer the questions from the person that tagged you.
3. Make up your own questions and tag a few other people. (Make sure you tell them you’ve done so)
4. Don’t feel like a total dork while playing along.
*addendum As a true rule breaker I will not apply rule 3 to myself as I have no one to tag. Kinda like being the last kid picked for kickball.
11 Random things about moi
1. If I’m about to sneeze but can’t quite yet, I dig the tips of my fingernails into my forehead and I can make it happen. Many times. Like right now! ugh.
2. I hate to fly. The bigger the aircraft the more panic that happens. I have made myself throw up because I was such a wreck a few times. That being said, when I was 3 months pregnant with my son I flew on an Ultralight (a two seater aircraft that is a cross between a kite and a lawnmower) at a fundraiser back in California. Not scared at all.
3. I can drink more bourbon than most men.
4. I used to have my nose pierced.
5. It took me 7 years to get through college and I supported myself since the day I was 18
6. Even if I’m irritated with my husband he can make me laugh(sometimes I hate that because I want to stay mad) and I pretty much like hanging out with him all the time; I think he would say the same.
7. I was raised Jehovah Witness for a very good portion of my childhood and was “homeschooled” for my junior and senior year. It sucked.
8. I do not romanticize being poor.
9. I think everything should be yellow, yet I don’t own anything that color.
10. My husband and I sold our house in California and lived in our VW van and tent trailer with our 17 month old son and pit-bull cross dog named Larry for 2 months while we searched for the “perfect” place to live.
11. I may have learned nothing is perfect, but I keep looking.
Responses to Michelle’s questions:
1. What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
Easy. My husband and I refinanced our house 10 years ago and went to France for 5 weeks with no agenda, just Le Guide Rouge and our backpacks. Worth EVERY FREAKING penny!
2. What do you want to do when you retire?
What I’m doing now but with deeper pockets and more flexibility to travel.
3. How many siblings do you have?
Two. My brothers are identical twins and they are three years younger than I. My mom always said I was way more work than the two of them combined. I cringe because I believe her.
4. What is your ideal job?
I am self employed. In all honesty I love my job…both of them. I do hair 3 days a week and love it (I have the best clients EVER and the freedom and flexibility is stellar). We also own a catering business and small sandwich shop. Some people call it a restaurant but it is way more modest than that. I LOVE it. I do wish I could be more involved but because we are so small right now it doesn’t make sense financially. BUT, we are opening a sort of second location in March. A drive thru. People are crazy for their drive thru’s in the NorthWest. It is bizarre. We are going to give it a whirl.
5. Do you play the lottery? Gamble?
6. What’s your favorite beverage?
7. Toilet paper over the top or under?
You mean someone actually puts it on the dispenser and not just on top of the toilet?!
8. Have you ever been arrested? Should you have been?
No and sadly yes.
9. What time do you go to bed?
About 9-10ish, but if I miss the sleep train by 15 minutes I’m screwed and up all. freaking. night.
10. Do you have pets?
No. I LOVE dogs but I even grew resentful of the fish we had to feed bi-monthly(?). I take that as a sign I’m not ready for such a commitment, and I kinda hate cats.
11.What’s the last thing you ate?
Homemade pozole with a fried egg. Yumm!
Consider yourself tagged! Just leave a comment. Come on…you know you want to talk about yourself! And hell, I’m curious.
3 thoughts on “Tagged!”
Love the idea of taking 5 weeks with no agenda somewhere like France. Very cool. And self-employed is the best way to go. Finally–are you kidding me? An ultralight? Couldn’t pay me!
I loved learning more about you! That trip to France sounds seriously awesome. I spent a summer in Spain once and for most of it my only responsibility was to improve my Spanish with Spanish classes at a university there. I was in my mid-20s so it felt like I was on vacation the entire time.
If I’m ever in your neck of the woods, I’ll come eat at Graze!
I loved reading this! 🙂 you’re sense of humor cracks me up! I love that you took 5weeks in France with John… I’d kill for that now with Jared, but I fear those days are gone. (At least for 10-15 more years) ugh
And I don’t tell you enough how awesome it is that you packed yourself in that vw bus/tent trailer for 2 months in search of small town USA! Seriously?! Half crazy half brilliant! I’m grateful you picked Wally World & am blessed to know you & your beautiful family! Though some days this good ole small town does make me feel claustrophobic!